Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Mother´s Day

I should mention Mother’s Day, since it’s a huge holiday here, and since I have pictures. They had Mother’s Day parties on two different days at the colegio and escuela where the kids gave their moms presents they made and sang songs and ate sandwiches and cake and played games. My host mom’s mother, who they call Abuelita, lives with us, so my mom’s brothers and sisters and some other extended family all came to our house that weekend to visit. Actually there are 4 generations of women living at my house- Abuelita, Esperanza, Monica, and Melany. We spent all day Sunday eating and toasting and singing and drinking and dancing. Everyone said they were happy I could be there for the holiday and made me feel like part of the family. Monica and her brothers Alfredo and Rafael spent hours trying to teach me to dance to different Latin music. It was a lot of fun.

Kevin and Melany with their Abuelita

Melany and Monica


the children

grandchildren

great grandchildren

salud!

women of the house

party at the school- jardin

Melany giving her mom a gift

and her son Sebastian

Monica singing with the park guard

No comments:

Post a Comment