Saturday, March 20, 2010

We’re number 3!

We had a bbq Friday with all of the trainees and staff plus a bunch of current volunteers. The bbq centered on a soccer tournament between the groups living in each community. Each group got tshirts made- ours say Azadon por supuesto on front and on the back have our names and Mucho gusto, which is another running joke in our group. My name on my shirt is Kiki because that’s what my family back home calls me (as well as anyone who has met Mollie, apparently) and I told my host family they can call me Kiki since Carrie is difficult for them to pronounce. So they call me Senorita Kiki, which I love. And my group calls me Kiki now too, which is even funnier because one of the dogs at Regan’s house is named Kiki after Kiki Perez who is a news celebrity here. But anyways, our team won our first 2 games in the tournament. In the third game Cara, who was playing goalie for the other team, got hit in the face and her nose was bleeding pretty badly but she recovered- she’s a rock star. We ended up losing that game but we came in 3rd place out of the 11 teams. Yay!


reinas


our reina Regan and Naim


Aaron Pablo and Lincoln warming up


Jess and me


me and Naim

No comments:

Post a Comment